Amma Two Wheeler Scheme 2021
- The Amma two-wheeler scheme was launched in February 2018 to commemorate the 70th birth anniversary of former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, fondly called Amma. Therefore, this scheme has been named Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme.
- Through this article we will tell you important things related to Amma two-wheeler scheme such as sharing eligibility criteria, necessary documents, application process and all other information related to the scheme. Therefore, you should read this article carefully till the end.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme 2021
- The Amma two-wheeler scheme is a scheme launched by the state of Tamil Nadu. Its main objective is to encourage women workers in the society. The Prime Minister of our country, Narendra Modi has inaugurated this scheme on the occasion of 75th Anniversary of Tamil Nadu’s former CM Jayalalithaa.
- Under the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme, eligible women can avail 50% subsidy and Rs. 25000 on the purchase of mopeds.
- Eligible women applicants can claim subsidy under the two-wheeler scheme after purchasing the vehicle. Through the implementation of the scheme, the main objective is to allow women easy access to vehicles like scooty or bicycle so that they can make their work easier.
Details Of Amma Two Wheeler
|Name of the scheme||Amma Two Wheeler Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Tamil Nadu State|
|Objective||To provide vehicles to women|
|Beneficiaries||Residents (women) of Tamil Nadu State|
Benefits Of Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
The main objective of Amma Two Wheeler Scheme is to empower women and provide subsidy on taking Two Wheelers to make their work easier. The main benefits of Amma two-wheeler scheme are given below.
- Through the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme, every year about 1,00,000 women are given benefits.
- All urban and rural areas of Tamil Nadu will be given benefits under this scheme.
- The subsidy component which was earlier Rs 20,000 under this scheme has now been increased to Rs 25,000.
- The main benefit is two-wheeler or a maximum subsidy of 50% of the cost of Rs.25,000 / – whichever is less, will be provided to the beneficiaries.
- The subsidy will be deposited directly into the bank account of the beneficiary .
- Differently-abled women can avail retrofitted three-wheeler scooter.
Specifications Of The Vehicle
- The scooter should have been manufactured on or after the date of 1st January 2018.
- The two wheeler should have a maximum engine capacity of 125cc .
- The vehicle will be any gearless or auto gear motorized two-wheeler that is chosen by the applicant.
- Must be eligible to be registered under the Two Wheeler Motor Vehicles Act 1988.
- The state transport department will not allow changes in the registration of ownership for sale or other reasons without approval from the competent government authorities until three years after availing the scheme.
Eligibility for Amma two-wheeler scheme
- The beneficiary should be a native of and residing in Tamil Nadu.
- The age of a female applicant should be between 18 and 40 years.
- The applicant should know driving.
- The annual income of the beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2,50,000/- (Rupees Two lakhs fifty thousand only) and only one woman beneficiary is eligible to avail the benefit in a family, who is willing to contribute the balance money for the purchase of the vehicle.
- Amma two-wheeler scheme subsidy is applicable only for vehicles with less than 125 cc capacity.
- The applicant should have appeared for the class 8th examination (Passed/Failed).
- In Amma Scooter Scheme, priority will be given to the following-
- Working women residing in remote places
- Hilly regions
- Women-headed households
- Deserted women
- Destitute widows
- Differently-abled women
- Unmarried women aged above 35 years
- Scheduled Caste/Tribes
Eligible Beneficiaries under the Scheme
- Women who are engaged individually or collectively as a group for a livelihood activity / wage employment.
- Women who are commuting long distances.
- Their earnings are the primary source of income for the family.
- This will also include (among others) the following categories.
- Women registered as workers in the Organized and Un-Organized sectors.
- Women employed in Shops and Establishments.
- Self-employed women involved in petty trades or otherwise.
- Women working in-
- Government Aided Organisations
- Private Institutions
- Government Projects
- Community-Based Organizations – Panchayats Level Federations(PLF) Village Poverty Reduction Committees (VPRCs), Mavatta Makkal Kattral Maiyam (Makamai), who are either on consolidated salary or daily wages or on contract employment.
- Banking correspondents/Banking Facilitators and ASHA workers.
Beneficiaries of Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
- Women who are commuting long distances
- All women who earn as a primary source of income for their family
- Women who are registered as workers in the organized and unorganized sectors
- Women working in shops and establishments.
- Self-employed women who are engaged in petty trades
- Women who are either on consolidated salary, daily wages, on contract employment in Government Aided Organizations, government projects, private institutions, or community-based organizations such as:
- Mavatta Makkal Kattral Maiyam
- Panchayat Level Federations
- Village Poverty Reduction Committees
- Banking correspondents and ASHA workers
Documents RequiredCopies of the following documents should be submitted by the applicant along with the application form:-
- i. Proof for Age (18 to 40) / Date of birth
- Proof for Residence ( EPIC card, Driving License, Aadhar Card, Utility Bills etc., in the Applicant’s name)
- Driving License / Learner License Registration (LLR) issued by competent authority
- Income Certificate issued by Employer / Self Certification
- Proof of Employment issued by the Employer/Organization/Project Head/Society in case of Wage / Salaried employment.
- Aadhaar card.
- Proof of Educational Qualification / Appearance for VIII standard exam (Transfer Certificate, SSLC, etc.,)
- Passport size photograph
- Proof to establish membership of priority category, wherever applicable
- Community Certificate (in case of SC/ST category)
- Differently Abled Identity Card issued by the competent authority
- Quotation/Pro-forma invoice of the vehicle.
Objective and Outline of the Scheme
It is a scheme to empower working women by enabling them to purchase women friendly two wheelers to ease their commute to their enterprises, places of employment, engagements with banks and community based institutions. Ease of use is a key consideration and therefore the vehicle is gearless/auto-geared. The Differently Abled may avail retro-fitted three wheeler scooters. Each year one lakh working women will be benefited through this scheme. The Scheme will be in operation from 2017-18 onwards. A maximum subsidy of 50% of the cost of the two wheeler or Rs.25,000/, whichever is less, will be provided.
Subsidy: A beneficiary under this scheme will be provided with a maximum subsidy of 50% of the cost of the vehicle or Rs.25,000, whichever is less, to purchase a brand new motorized gearless / auto-geared two wheeler whose engine capacity should not exceed 125cc. The balance cost, over and above the subsidy amount, has to be borne by the beneficiary through a bank/institutional loan or through her own funds.
Loan Facilities: The beneficiary can buy the vehicle of her choice from her own funds or by availing loans from Banks/Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) governed by the rules of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Reimbursement of subsidy to the beneficiary will be permitted in case the vehicle is purchased from her own funds, subject to the fulfillment of the other conditions specified for eligibility.
|Application Form – Urban||Click here|
|Application Form – Rural||Click here|
|Subsidy Claim Form||Click here|
|Field Verification Form||Click here|
|Official Website||Click here|
Application Procedure Under Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
Candidates who want to apply for Scooty Finance for Girls/ Ladies scheme will have to follow the steps given below
- Applications will be made available at all Block Offices, Urban Local Body offices, and the Collectorates free of cost to the applicant.
- No application fee should be collected from the applicant for the form.
- Also, you can download the application forms from the link given above.
- The application forms will be filled and submitted to the respective Block offices / Urban Local Bodies (ULBs).
- The filled-in Application forms can be submitted either in person or by Registered/ Speed Post.
- A unique application number will be assigned to each application form containing the ULB/RLB code followed by the running serial number within the ULB/RLB.
- Mother Teresa Women’s Complex-I Floor,ValluvarKottam High Road, Nugambakkam,Chennai-600 034,Tamil Nadu, India.
- Ph: 91-44-28173412
- Fax: 91-44-28173409
- Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
How to apply for amma two wheeler scheme ?
You have to fill a application form for availing this scheme. The application forms will be filled and submitted to the respective Block offices / Urban Local Bodies (ULBs). The filled-in Application forms can be submitted either in person or by Registered/ Speed Post. A unique application number will be assigned to each application form containing the ULB/RLB code followed by the running serial number within the ULB/RLB.
How to download amma two wheeler scheme application form ?
We have given direct link on our website to download the form, you can visit our website and download the form.
Documents required for amma scooty yojana ?
Age Proof, Identity proof, Driving Licence/learner learning licence, passport size photo etc.. Details about required documents are given on our website.
Eligibility for Amma two-wheeler scheme ?
The beneficiary should be a native of and residing in Tamil Nadu. The age of a female applicant should be between 18 and 40 years. The applicant should know driving. etc.. Details about eligibility are given on our website.
Helpline number for amma two wheeler scheme ?
Mother Teresa Women’s Complex-I Floor,ValluvarKottam High Road, Nugambakkam,Chennai-600 034,Tamil Nadu, India. Ph: 91-44-28173412 Fax: 91-44-28173409 Email: tncdw[email protected] or [email protected]